Creating a policy from scratch is easy. If you have already created a quote and want to convert this to a policy, see how to do it from this article here.
Creating a new policy
To start creating a new policy, there are 2 options:
1. Open your "Policies" tab. Here, you can see the list of policies that have already been created. If you want to create a new policy from scratch, click on the "+" sign to add a new policy.
2. Use the Quick Add option from upper right corner, click on "+ add a new policy" button:
Simple view and full view
You have two different views to choose from - simple view and full view. When adding a first new policy, you are presented with a "simple view" by default. In this view, you can add all the required information about the policy, product, installment schedule and coverage.
When you want to add more specific information when creating a policy, you can simply switch to "full view". To do this, click on the "Switch to full view" button.
As you can now see, you can insert much more detailed information.
Overview of steps
In Full view, there are 5 steps for adding a policy. Don't worry if you need to move back and forth between different steps - Insly saves the data so you won't need to insert this again.
- In Step 1, you should add customer information. You can choose an existing customer or add a new one directly from here.
- In Step 2, you can insert policy information. This includes choosing the policy type, the infromation about insurer, and start and end dates.
- In Step 3, you should select the product and insert the product-related information. Here, you should also add information about commissions and taxes, if these are used.
- Step 4 is about premium and installments. Here you should insert the gross premium, select the collection type and choose the amount of installments.
- In Step 5, you can split the commission between different persons. This is used, for example, when sales person receives part of the commission. Read more about splitting commissions from here.
Issuing a policy
When everything was inserted correctly in previous steps, you are taken to the policy overview page.
Note that the policy is not automatically issued! You will get an attention notice about it as well. To issue a policy, just click on the "Issue policy" button, insert the policy number and click on "Mark as issued".
You have now created and issued a policy!