In this article we are overviewing the "Policy settings" tab in your system management.
The first setting you can find under policy settings is persons. Here you can choose what type on persons will be dealing with policies and receiving commission for it.
- "Policy enterer person" - when selected, this option will show up under default policy commission split among others. If you don't need this option, you can just leave both of them unmarked.
- "Policy renewer person" - as previously, when selected, this option will show up under default policy commission split options when creating a policy.
- "Sales type required" - this field makes choosing sales type mandatory when creating a policy.
- "Insurer contract required" - when selected, it will be mandatory to add insurer contracts to the policy. Insurer contract can be uploaded under "Insurers" -> "Insurer contracts".
Sales type list
This list specifies whether the sales type is standard or custom specified list. Standard list is either "New sales" or "Renewal".
If you choose custom specified list, then "Sales types" tab will show up under "Policy settings" and you can add as many sales types as needed from there.
Here you have the option to allow selecting "not renewable" manually. Also, you can enable automatic renewal flag on the policy card.
For non-renewal reasons there are 2 options. First, you have the option to choose a free-text entry. This gives you a possibility to just type in the exact reason for not renewing the policy.
Second option is to set up a list of specified reasons. When this is chosen, an option appears under "Policy settings" tab and you can add as many reasons as you would like. List of specified reasons is a quicker option for brokers and better for reporting when there are large volume of policies going through the office.
Cancellation reasons work the same way as non-renewal reasons. You can have a free-text entry or a list of specified reasons. Again, if you choose to have a list of specified reasons, then another headline for "Cancellation reasons" will appear under "Policy settings" tab.
Commission and commission types
Under commission settings you can allow overcommission and choose if 100% commission split between persons is required. Under commission types you can choose what kind of commissions are allowed for policies. To get a more detailed overview of commission settings, take a look at this article about setting up commissions.
- Photos - if you want to add photos under policies, you can enable this option. After it has been checked, it will add a new tab "Photos" under policy overview as well.
- Fee payments - here, you can enable brokerage fee payment categories and the option to share brokerage fee payments in commission split. When you have enabled fee payment categories, then new option: "Fee payments" will show up under "Policy settings".
- Wording - Check this box if you want to have insurance conditions documents added as an attachment to the policy e-mail by default.
- Policy duration adjustment - this can be done by +1 day, 0 day or -1 day.
- Quick choices show up on the calculation on quotes. For example, if you choose 1 month, 6 months and 1 year from the quick choices, then when calculating prices, only the prices for the chosen time periods will be shown.
- Open-ended policies - If you don't want to add specific end dates for the policies, then you can enable this option. If this has been enabled, then another option "Pre-generate installment schedule" will appear, from where you can choose whether 5, 10, 25 or 50 installments will be generated.
- Detailed date fields - If enabled, it will show detailed time and date on the policy card.