With the focus on customer data protection and management, you might have the need to track when and what kind of data use customers gave given their consents for. Fortunately, Insly has a way to track this.
How to enable and set up customer consent management?
Customer consent management can be enabled and disabled from the System Management. Look for the "Customer settings" section and there you should see the "Customer consent management" menu option. By default, this functionality is enabled.
Adding new consent types
New consent types can be added from the same "Customer consent management" page. To do this, click on the + button in "Consent Type" section, insert the consent name, the specifying information, and click "Save". The consent type has now been added to the list.
How to add consents to customers?
If the consent management has been enabled and set up, you can start using it. When opening any customer, you should now see the "Consents" tab among other customer information:
To mark down that this customer has given their consent to handle their data, click on the "Add a new consent" button.
To the pop-up window you should insert the information about this consent.
- Source marks where this consent was given by the customer. You can choose between "SMS", "E-mail" and "Written" options.
- Type shows the consent type options that have been added to the system.
- Valid date is the date from when the consent is valid.
- Version field can be used to mark if the consent has been updated.
- Additionally, you can upload a document to this consent.
Once the information is inserted, click on "Add consent" and this consent has been saved to the customer!
If you are tracking multiple consent versions and types with different dates, you can use the "Consents management" list under each customer to filter and search for different consents.