It can be time-consuming to manually send out reminders to customers about their exceeded invoice due dates. Insly has an automatic debt notices functionality which helps you to make the process easier.
Adding a new debt notice
To set up automatic debt notices, you should go to System Management -> "Automatic generation of debt notices". Click on the "+" button from there and you will be guided to a new window where you can set the preferences.
Overview of the fields:
- "Product". Here you should choose to which product this setting applies. You can add universal notices that applies to all products (Note: we have added a "Select all" button there for this!), or you can create different notices for different products.
- "Insurer". This allows you to specify if these notices are sent out only with a specific insurer or if it applies to all insurers.
- "Days overdue". Here you should choose when this debt notice is going to be sent out. You can choose the time from 30 days before the due date up to 90 days after the due date.
- "Prior notices sent". This means that a certain amount of notices must already be sent out previously by the time this specific notice will be sent out.
- "Collects payment". Does it apply to only invoices collected by you as a broker? Or also for installments that the customer has not paid for to the insurer?
- "Installment status". This requirement specifies if the related installment must be with a specific status or not.
- "Extend due date". If you want, invoice due date can be extended when this notice is sent out. This can also be left empty for no changes.
- "Send to". Who should receive the notice? Only customer, account manager, or both?
- "Attach invoice". Here you can select if the invoice itself should be attached to the e-mail or not.
"Message subject line" and "Message content" fields are for inserting the actual subject and the message that will be sent with this debt notice. Here, you can also use our dynamic e-mail placeholders that are related to invoices - for a full list of options and requirements see this article.
Once you click "Add", this debt notice has been saved. If you would like to send multiple notices (for example, 1 day after due date and 5 days after due date), you should set up new debt notice for each. From the last "Active" field you can enable/disable sending out this notice as well.
What happens if for any reason the customer does not receive this e-mail? This can be set up from "Sending settings" button.
From the window that pops up, you can now select what happens to the e-mailed notices that can't be sent for some reason: these can be either sent to customer's account manager or to a specificed e-mail address.
Additionally, you can choose to get a consolidated report for debt notices. If you enable this, an e-mail address should be specified for this.
Any questions or issues? Do not hesitate to contact our Support Team via the chat button or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org!